Thursday, July 19, 2012

Parlez-vous français?

To answer my own question, no, I do not speak French, but I love listening to French music. I have used music by the French artist Yelle in past workouts and this week a spin class regular (Megan) posted a great remix of one Yelle's songs, "Que veux-tu", on Facebook. What better time to listen to it than the final week of Le Tour de France! Originally I wanted every song on the new playlist to be by a French artist, but that didn't quite work out. I did keep it more electronic so it still has somewhat of a European feel.

As an added bonus today, I threw in my favorite cycling parody videos. I downloaded the songs from iTunes, but decided not to use them in the workout. You really need to have watched the video first to appreciate the lyrics (I especially love when he smokes a cigarette, chomps on a baguette and chugs a bottle of red wine on his bike in "Le Velo"). It also helps if your're somewhat familiar with road cycling or maybe you know some cyclists. Anyway, let's get on with it.

"Le Velo"- MC Spandx


"Performance" - MC Spandx



Playlist #9- Sample and purchase songs on my iTunes Ping Playlist

*Not all songs were available on SoundCloud so I linked those to YouTube instead. 



*Octopus - Bloc Party

*Jai Ho - Bond







*Queen of a Sad Land - A Silent Film



*Keep it for Your Own - POP ETC






The cool down song, "Le Tour de France" by Haik Naltchayan, came from the documentary film Chasing Legends. Official movie trailer below:


VIVE LE TOUR! 
A shout out to my beloved, Ryan Finnegan :)


Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

This is motivating me to work out again! I realized I haven't given you a shout out yet either! So I put you in my linkies today :)

Lindsey said...

Thanks for giving me a shout out in your lovely linkies!! Nothing like some good tunes to get ya going. So glad you are enjoying the playlist :) Miss ya lots lady!!