Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blogspiration.

Last post was back in Feb, so yeah, I'd say there was a lack of blogspiration in my life. It's been an interesting five months here in Kansas. So interesting, that we are moving all the way back to Florida. I know, I know. What the....!? Right? Trust me. My head is spinning faster than yours, I promise. So how am I doing with all of this? I'm doing okay. My husband will have a great job, we've got a cute house lined up and we are moving back to Orlando so we'll have friends to reconnect with. We do have to drive 1,500 miles (with two kids) so there's that, as well as packing and unpacking our lives once again. Overall, I think I'm dealing with it pretty well except for the eye twitch I've had for over a week now. In all seriousness the details of this move have lined up rather nicely. Everything is kind of falling into place. Makes me feel like, even though it seems crazy, it's meant to be. Of course I'll miss my fam here in Kansas but, as the saying goes, "you gotta do what you gotta do". For me, that means supporting my husband, his career choices and doing what is best for our little family. We'll be able to come visit and who wouldn't love to have family in a warm, southern state during January and February? I love my family but this winter...yikes! It was rough. Will not miss that. So there you have it. Our moving news in a nutshell. :)

Back to the "blogspiration". I came across a few songs this week that made me want to write this post. I didn't think I was going to be a fan of the new Daft Punk album based on "Get Lucky" featuring Pharrell. It was too disco-y for my liking. I didn't think much about it after that, but then I heard this on XM...


and I was hooked. I've always enjoyed the Strokes and I love Julian Casablancas on this track. I also decided to download this song at the same time. My 3 year old said it was her favorite :)


This next band, Everything Everything, I've liked for some time. I blogged about them here. They haven't quite made it to the US so it was hard finding some of their music. I was surprised and excited to hear them on SiriusXMU the other day. I think they would be amazing live so I hope they schedule a US tour soon! 



The last songs are just some randoms I've heard recently and liked. I love the way this one builds...


I have a love/hate relationship with dubstep. I think it just depends on my mood. I've had the following on some of my recent gym playlists.






Well, I guess that's it for today. Sorry it took me awhile to post again! With the upcoming move and then unpacking in our new place it will be awhile before I'm back to a regular schedule. I'll try to post as often as I can :) 

Have a great Memorial Weekend!! xo- Linds

1 comment:

frank from spin said...

It would be really nice to have you back leading spinning class at the Crosby Wellness Center in Winter Park!